You are invited to learn about all things Guardianship on Wednesday, Oct. 11, 2023 at 4:30 p.m.
People First of MO invites all People First chapter members and self-advocates to participate in an interactive webinar opportunity that will focus on interviewing Jackson County Commissioners and judge about the rights and responsibilities of people under guardianship.
Some of the questions being addressed in the webinar include:
- What are the different levels of guardianship?
- How often do people get their rights restored?
- What criteria is used to determine the need for guardianship?
- What rights and restrictions fall under guardianship?
- What do I need to know about County Public Administrators?
Direct questions about the webinar to Patty at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- MODDC’s position on Alternatives to Guardianship and Supported Decision Making
- MODDC’s current funded project around Alternatives to Guardianship
- Hulme Resources Project Information on Alternatives to Guardianship.
- Missouri Protection and Advocacy information if you want to talk with someone about the status of guardianship or changes.