Missouri Developmental Disabilities Council Emergency Management Disability Awareness Training for Region B in Adair County
October 16 @ 9:00 am - October 17 @ 5:00 pm
Register Today for the Upcoming
Emergency Management Disability Awareness Training
for Region B in Adair County
In partnership with Niagara University, we are excited to offer a two-day Emergency Management Disability Awareness Training for Region B in Adair County.
If you work in Region B and have a role in meeting the needs of your community (in any phase of emergencies), we invite you to register for this training.
This training is for individuals, organizations and agencies that have a role with emergency preparedness in the following counties:
Putnam, Schuyler, Scotland, Clark, Sullivan, Adair, Knox, Lewis, Linn, Macon, Shelby, Marion, Chariton, Randolph, Monroe and Ralls.
There are two training options.
Option 1: Two-Day Program: This program is designed for those who are active in the disability community and or working in some capacity in an emergency management office. Reporting Emergency Management Access and Functional needs activities after the training is required.
Option 2: Half-Day Program: This program educates individuals who want to learn about the process, be active in a capacity that suits their interest and availability, and wants to assist in directing peers and colleagues within their demographic, municipality, or line of work. Obligations to report emergency management participation is not required in this role.
Training topics include:
- Disability Awareness specific to Emergency Management
- Access and Functional Needs defined to include Universal Design
- Understanding how the whole community concept is imperative to proper response to individuals with disabilities and how to involve them
- FEMA Access and Functional Needs content
- The Americans with Disabilities Act relative to Emergency management and response
- Community resources and other materials that assist Emergency Management in proper response
- Disaster Preparedness and Planning
- Inclusive Planning and Active Participation
- NYC Lawsuit and its ramifications nationwide
Option 1: October 16-17, 2023 9 am – 5 pm CST
Option 2: October 17, 2023 1 pm – 5 pm CST
Location: SB40 Community Learning Center
1107 County Club Drive, Kirksville, Missouri 63501
For questions regarding this training or to request accommodations such as an ASL interpreter, please email email@example.com or call 716-286-8139.