Our Mission: "To assist individuals, families, and the community to include all people with developmental disabilities in every aspect of life."
Individuals with Disabilities
Families & Guardians
To view all posts and news releases, click here.
The Missouri Developmental Disabilities Council (MODDC) establishes priorities for the 2023 Legislative Session
It is the goal of the Missouri Developmental Disabilities Council (MODDC) to advocate for items in the budget and legislation that will further impact these priorities. MODDC will advocate for policies and practices addressing the following areas:
Access to Quality Care
1. Ensure that all individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities (I/DD) in Missouri have access to and receive quality care. This includes both direct and indirect supports that are responsive and inclusive.
2. Address the systemic barriers that uniquely affect people with I/DD that are placed under guardianship. This includes addressing the school to guardianship pipeline and promoting alternatives to guardianship.
3. Prevent and address the disproportionately high occurrences of abuse and neglect to individuals with I/DD.
4. Support equitable community inclusion of people with I/DD in Missouri. This includes in schools, work places and community living.
MODDC funded a project to connect voters and election workers in Missouri with quick, overview videos on how to use the accessible voting equipment in their county.
These videos are designed to:
- prepare voters on what to expect when they go vote,
- provide additional support to election judges on how to operate the machines, and
- serve as a way to trouble shoot any issues encountered by election judges or voters the day of voting.
Welcome to the Missouri Developmental Disabilities Council
The Missouri Developmental Disabilities Council is a federally-funded, 23-member, consumer-driven council appointed by the Governor. Its mandate under P.L. 106-402, the Developmental Disabilities Assistance and Bill of Rights Act, is to assure that individuals with developmental disabilities and their families participate in the design of and have access to needed community services, individualized supports, and other forms of assistance that promote self-determination, independence, productivity, and integration in all aspects of community life.
Goals & Objectives 2022-2026 5-Year State Plan
The Missouri Developmental Disabilities Council is required by federal law to develop a five-year plan to guide our efforts in planning, advocacy, and providing advice as to programs and services for persons with developmental disabilities that will increase their opportunities for self-determination, independence, productivity, and integration into communities.
Our planning was initiated with a comprehensive review and analysis of the unmet needs of individuals with developmental disabilities and their families by completing a statewide needs assessment. Council members prioritized the planning areas based on impact and feasibility during the five year plan. The final plan contains statewide goals that describe the areas the Council hopes to impact along with measurable objectives to be achieved.
Supported Decision Making Booklets
- Do I Have to Get Guardianship? (PDF)
- Education, Employment, and Independent Living (PDF)
- Special Education Transition Services (PDF)
- Vocational Rehabilitation Programs (PDF)
- Health Care (PDF)
- Person-Centered Planning (PDF)
- Managing Your Money (PDF)
- AGING (PDF)
- EMERGENCY PREPAREDNESS (PDF)
- Stay Healthy, Staying Connected in a Pandemic