Missouri Developmental Disabilities Council Emergency Management Disability Awareness Training for Region C in Warren County
October 18, 2023 @ 8:00 am - October 19, 2023 @ 5:00 pm
Register Today for the Upcoming
Emergency Management Disability Awareness Training
for Region C in Warren County
In partnership with Niagara University, we are excited to offer a two-day Emergency Management Disability Awareness Training for Region C in Warren County.
If you work in Region C and have a role in meeting the needs of your community (in any phase of emergencies), we invite you to register for this training.
This training is for individuals, organizations and agencies that have a role with emergency preparedness (i.e. Independent Living Centers, MO-VOAD and Partnership members, SEMA staff such as Emergency Human Services and Area Coordinators, emergency managers, public health, providers, SB 40 boards, etc.) in the following counties:
Pike, Lincoln, Warren, St. Charles, Franklin, St. Louis County and City, Jefferson, Washington, St. Francois, St. Genevieve and Perry.
There are two training options.
Option 1: Two-Day Program: This program is designed for those who are active in the disability community and or working in some capacity in an emergency management office. Requirement to report an Emergency Management Access and Functional needs activities after the training is required.
Option 2: Half-Day Program: This program educates individuals who want to learn about the process, be active in a capacity that suits their interest and availability, and wants to assist in directing peers and colleagues within their demographic, municipality, or line of work. Obligations to report emergency management participation is not required in this role.
Training topics include:
- Disability Awareness specific to Emergency Management
- Access and Functional Needs defined to include Universal Design
- Understanding how the whole community concept is imperative to proper response to individuals with disabilities and how to involve them.
- FEMA Access and Functional Needs content
- The Americans with Disabilities Act relative to Emergency management and response.
- Community resources and other materials that assist Emergency Management in proper response
- Disaster Preparedness and Planning
- Inclusive Planning and Active Participation
- NYC Lawsuit and its ramifications nationwide
Option 1: October 18-19, 2023 9 am – 5 pm CST
Option 2: October 19, 2023 1 pm – 5 pm CST
Location: Warren County Emergency Operations and Training Center
101 Mockingbird Ln, Warrenton, MO 63383
For questions regarding this training or to request accommodations such as an ASL interpreter, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 716-286-8139